Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
EMEHP - EMERGENCY MEDICAL EDUCATION
for HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
MedProEd provides your team with practical, hands-on training for applying and practicing the management of medical emergencies together, in your environment using your emergency equipment. We teach medical providers how to plan & respond together.
Need hands-on skills and scenario-based training for your office? How about combined sessions with some colleagues' offices? Need some quality education to fill some training on your calendar? Just a morning or afternoon session? All day training? Perhaps an evening or weekend?
The EMEHP program engages participants in a way that they learn to confidently recognize a problem, understand what they encounter, and effective steps to manage the event. EMEHP is delivered in a way that is applicable to all staff, not just the physician. The focus is on a TEAM approach and preparing everyone involved to perform tasks appropriate for their role. This education is delivered in a nonthreatening, nonintimidating manner, empowering your team with the knowledge & skills to not simply be "prepared" for a medical crisis. They establish a state of readiness.
Standard classes for medical emergencies are typically based on powerpoint slide presentations. That is NOT effective for teams to know what to do and how to do it. Let us consider how it is a matter of risk management, liability and adequate preparedness, not just continuing education.
Also consider the cost of sending all staff to a class somewhere. Travel, lodging, meals, course fees, office down time, plus learning in an unfamiliar location that does not replicate your working environment. Now consider a few hours spent with all staff together in your facility. You have immediate benefit from your invested effort, applicable directly to your office!
Practice specific to various medical licensing levels (RN, MD/DO, RRT, CMA, PA, etc.) and groups of healthcare providers operating together. EMS drills for response agencies. Training tailored to the needs of YOUR office/clinic/group, to include application of local protocols. Indoors and outdoors. Manikin and live patient simulations. We work with you to create educational experiences that make good use of your valuable time!
We have myriads of subject lessons that can be provided in one or more scheduled time periods for you and your staff, such as:
- Cardiac events: Cardiac arrest, non-arrest cardiac events (angina/MI, tachycardias & bradycardias)
- Non-Cardiac events: anaphylaxis, bronchospasm, respiratory depression, syncope, hypoglycemia, emesis/aspiration, foreign body airway obstruction, seizures, hypotension, hypertension, stroke.
- BLS and ALS Airways: administering oxygen via nasal cannula and non-rebreather mask, BLS oropharyngeal & nasopharyngeal airways, ventilating the apneic and hypoventilating patient with proper rate & volume, emergency suctioning, advanced airways as alternatives to endotracheal intubation (supraglottic airways).
- Mock events with scenario-based learning (preannounced or unannounced)
- Pharmaceuticals for emergencies
- Administration routes for emergency medications: intranasal, sublingual, oral, IM, IV, intraosseous
- Office preparation: creating an emergency plan, organizing and using the emergency kit, communicating with EMS providers, documentation during an event, roles of team members, handling events outside of treatment rooms
- Lifting and moving patients
- OSHA & safety training/updates, including infection control