MedProEd, LLC - Medical Professional Educators
PALS Provider [2-Day]
Fee $225 per person
- This course is for those who do not have a current PALS card, or prefer to take the full course
PALS Update (Renewal) [1-Day]
Fee $170 per person
- This course is for those that have a current PALS card
PALS Heartcode Online w/ Skills Session
- This course combines online self-study by completing the AHA didactic & simulations online followed by a skills session with an AHA instructor
- Can be taken by professionals with or without a current PALS card
Upon successful course completion an official 2-year AHA PALS provider eCard is issued.
PALS Classroom Provider & Update Course Requirements
- Participants need to bring their copy of the PALS Provider Manual
- Participants must complete the pre-test with a minimum score of 70% and submit a copy of their test score sheet prior to class (the test can be taken more than once).
- We are not allowed to admit anyone without a current PALS Provider Manual or a pre-test score less than 70%
- Update/Renewal -- Attendees must send copy of unexpired AHA PALS card prior to class to be admitted
Heartcode PALS Online Requirements
- Obtain access key(s) from AHA’s online store
- Online part must be completed prior to scheduled class, includes written exam
- Certificate of completion for online part required to attend skills checkoff, must submit prior to skills session
- Attend live skills session
- Review and practice as needed
- BLS for children & infants
- Management of respiratory emergencies – airway & ventilation skills
- Intraosseous infusion
- Four skill tests
- Respiratory arrest with airway & ventilation skills
- Child 1- and 2-Rescuer CPR & AED
- Infant 1- and 2-Rescuer CPR
- Intraosseous infusion, technique for rapid fluid bolus, using resource for medication calculation
PALS Provider & Update (Renewal) Course Descriptions
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is a classroom, video-based, Instructor-led course that uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Resuscitation team concept
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment Vascular access
(this is a 16 hour CE credit course for the two day provider and an 8 hour CE credit course for Renewal)
PALS Student Manual
Must have a student manual prior to & during class. If you need one you can buy a used one from us on our payments page AFTER you register, or to buy one from the AHA Online Store.
There is also an ebook version if you prefer that instead of a printed text.
PALS Student eBook
The required PALS manual is included as an ebook with the Heartcode online access. You can order a printed book if desired at the AHA Online Store, or buy a used one from us in our web store
"PEARS" Course | Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization
Course for those needing pediatric emergency training but are not PALS level providers.
During PEARS, students interact with real patient cases, and realistic simulations and animations to assess and stabilize pediatric patients experiencing respiratory and shock emergencies, and cardiopulmonary arrest. PEARS prepares students to provide appropriate lifesaving interventions within the initial minutes of response until a child can be transferred to an advanced life support provider.
Blended Learning HeartCode® PALS (Online)
HeartCode PALS is an online comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development.
Students who successfully complete the online portion of the course receive a certificate granting them access to a PALS Hands-on Skills Session with an AHA PALS Instructor. Students must successfully complete both the online portion and the hands-on skills session to receive a PALS Provider course completion card.
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course will receive a PALS Provider course completion card, valid for two years: